This guide will cover the procedure of adding a container template to the Proxmox server. Let’s begin!
To download a container template (CT) in Proxmox Server, follow these steps:
- Open the Proxmox web interface and log in.
- Select the desired node from the left sidebar.
- Click on the “Templates” tab to see a list of all available templates.
- Select the template you want to download and click on it.
- Click on the “Download” button to start the download process.
- Wait for the download to complete. The download time may vary depending on the size of the template and the speed of your internet connection.
- Once the download is complete, the template will be available in the local storage of the selected node.
Note that you may need to update the template after downloading it to ensure that it is up to date. Also, some templates may require a subscription or payment to download, so be sure to check the licensing requirements before downloading.
To add the template to the server, open the Proxmox server dashboard and you can see that we have two devices attached:
From the image attached above, you can see that the local storage is for ISO image, click on the local option at the left side:
Select the highlighted option and then click on the templates button:
From there, search for almalinux template and download it:
Once the template is successfully downloaded, we now have to create a container which can be created by clicking on the selected option:
Input the basic requirements for container creation and your container will now be created.
You can also use the command line to perform some basic container features:
pveam list local
The following output will be displayed after executing the above command:
If you want to download some specific template, you can download them from here:
pveam download local NAME_HERE
To list all the downloaded templated, use the following:
pveam list local
After downloading all the templates and files, the GUI will have the following in order:
After implementing the steps mentioned in this guide, one can download Container Template (CT) in Proxmox Server.