This guide will cover the mechanism of enabling SSH access in Hostinger shared hosting. Let’s begin!
To enable SSH access in Hostinger shared hosting, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your Hostinger account and go to the hosting dashboard.
- Scroll down to the “Advanced” section and click on “SSH Access.”
- Click on the “Enable SSH” button:
The SSH server will now be enabled.
- Wait for the activation process to complete. This may take several minutes.
- Once SSH access is enabled, you can connect to your hosting account using an SSH client such as PuTTY, using the provided SSH credentials.
To enable the SSH access, click on the enable button in the hostinger page:
The SSH is now enabled.
If you are on windows server, you can use the PuTTY option for SSH:
You can also log in to the system by using the SSH key, if you do not want to use your password.
Now, open your terminal and execute the following command:
ssh -p 65002 firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that the numeric values provided in the above code are our own’s device IP values. You will have to use yours.
The above command will help in the connecting and authenticity of the host.
You will now be logged in to the SSH server:
To see all the files available, you can use the
Now, we need an SSH key, to get a new SSH key, you can use the command:
After executing the above-mentioned command, you will get a new SSH key and then paste the command in the SSH option available on the Hostinger site.
After implementing the steps mentioned in this guide, one can easily Enable SSH Access in Hostinger Shared Hosting.